Past Meets Present
Past Meets Present, SA700
From the launch of Astell&Kern's first product in 2012, we have always aimed to deliver uncompromising sound to music lovers. We never forget Astell&Kern's motto at each step of the way, the ultimate sound delivery close to the original studio recording.
Looking back on the last seven years, we wanted to combine the analog sensibilities of our previous years with the DAP technology that has evolved since our first generation of DAPs released.
“Past Meets Present” Introducing the SA700, a high resolution portable where past sensibility meets current technology. The SA700 debuts with an evolution of technology and design that delivers the ultimate sound with precise detail close to the original and captures Astell&Kern’s core values.Emotional Retro Design Intuitive LED Indicator New GUI Stainless Steel Body for the Best Sound Ideal size for Portability AKM AK4492EBC Dual DAC 32bit/384kHz, Native DSD256 Support
The SA700 is a re-designed of the original AK120 into a simple yet refined form. With the latest technology, deeper and stronger sound, it delivers new experiences and values not found in other products.
First DAP Using AKM AK4492ECB DAC
The SA700 is the first DAP to implement the AK4492ECB DAC.
AKM's AK4492ECB is a DAC that aims to achieve the best performance in the industry based on the technology gained from developing the AK4497EQ.
Only Astell&Kern's DAP technology know-how makes the DAC's performance more complete.
Now you can enjoy premium sound close to the original with the SA700 and AK4492ECB technology.
The Unchanging Value of Stainless Steel
The SA700 uses stainless steel, which is corrosion-resistant and durable for maximum material strength and beauty.
Stainless steel takes a lot of time and technical skills to process, therefore the material is often used for expensive products because of its high cost. However, the material also has an added benefit of its quality sound reproduction and is one of the reasons why we use it for the SA700.
Stainless steel delivers both luxury and a balanced, clear sound. Experience it with the SA700.
Deliver the perfect original sound
SA700 offers the optimal condition to deliver perfect original sound. SA700 is capable of bit-to-bit playback up to 32bit/384kHz and native DSD playback up to 11.2MHz, delivering detailed, distortion-free sound just as the artist intended.
Intuitive LED Indicator
The LED around the volume wheel is not just a visual effect, but an intuitive LED indicator that shows the frequency of the file data being played and the volume control.
Different colors are displayed depending on the bit depth of the song being played as well as 150 levels of red saturation can be applied in the volume adjustment state to feel the vibrant LED change.
*The LED can be turned on or off in the user settings menu.
GUI Where the Past and the Present Coexist
The SA700 has a new GUI that incorporates hints of nostalgia from the first generation with the current GUI that can be found on the latest portable lineup. You can see Astell&Kern's past and present through the GUI that is reinterpreted by utilizing Astell&Kern's identity color in various ways.
Using Open APP Service
The Open APP Service enables the user to install specific APK music streaming apps to the device. Copy the desired APK into the Open Service folder of the product and install the relevant App in the Menu-Service of the product.
MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) is an award-winning British technology that delivers the sound of the original master recording. The master MQA file is fully authenticated and is small enough to stream or download. Visit mqa.co.uk for more information. Astell&Kern SA700 includes MQA technology, which enables you to play back MQA audio files and streams, delivering the sound of the original master recording.
MQA and the Sound Wave Device are registered trade marks of MQA Limited. © 2016
Evolution of the Analog Design
The protector that surrounds the volume wheel is inspired by string bridges, and as soon as you start playing your music, the lighting hidden under the wheel is revealed.
The delicate knurling pattern of the wheel and the color of light reflected by the beautiful luster of stainless steel adds an additional visual effect while enjoying your music.
The microSD card slot uses the Astell&Kern first generation sliding door system, further enhancing the Astell&Kern retro look and feel.
Most Ideal Size
The SA700 is designed to be the perfect size for one-handed operation.
The SA700 is optimized for portability so it can be held in one hand with the front 4.1-inch touch display and all the side control buttons and volume wheel easily accessible.
With control in one hand, the SA700 gives you the best possible environment to focus on your music.
Package contents include:
- SA700 Device x 1
- USB Type-C Cable x 1
- Quick Start Guide x 1
- Warranty Card x 1
- Protective Film (Front x 2, Back x 2)
*Case is not included in the product package. Cases for this model are available for purchase separately.
SA700 User Guide
- SA700 User Guide - English
- SA700 User Guide - Japanese
- SA700 User Guide - Russian
- SA700 User Guide - French
- SA700 User Guide - German
- SA700 User Guide - Chinese (Simplified)
- SA700 User Guide - Chinese (Traditional)
- SA700 User Guide - Spanish
- SA700 User Guide - Korean
SA700 MAC OS Driver
SA700 is compatible with MAC OS X 10.7 and up. In order for a Mac computer to communicate with our device a MTP program will need to be installed.
How to install the program for file transfer:
- Disconnect Device from PC
- Download the file transfer driver at Android File Transfer site: http://www.android.com/filetransfer
- Install the file downloaded according to the provided directions on website.
- After successful installation, connect the device with the computer.
SA700 USB DAC Driver
Driver File: SA700 USB DAC Driver
- This Driver is for Windows 7/8/10 (32/64bit). In case of MAC OS, it can recognize without Driver install.
- Driver is installed only the first time. After that, it will be recognized automatically.
- To use SA700 USB DAC as Default device, please modify the setting as below:
- Windows 7/8/10: Control Panel - Sounds – Select the "SA700 USB DAC" in the ‘Play’ tab, and then select as “set as the Default device”
- To play High quality sound in Windows 7/8/10: Control Panel–Sounds - Click the Properties of "SA700 USB DAC" - ‘Advanced’ tab – Change Default to the “24bit, 192000Hz"
- For Native DSD playback, music playback program can play Native DSD. Depending on the music playback program, you have to change ‘Device’ into the ‘SA700 USB DAC’ in the device settings.
- Please refer to the manual for other USB DAC information.
How to install Driver
- Connect the SA700 from PC
- On the Home Screen of SA700, Touch the "DISK" and then change into the "DAC". Or, Setting–USB mode – “DAC Input”
- Click the Download button and download the USB DAC, and run the "setup.exe" file, then click the [Next >] button
- When the below screen is displayed, connect the SA700 to PC, then Click the [Next >] button.
- USB DAC connection screen will be displayed on SA700. Install location screen will be displayed on the install program.
- Click the [Install] button.
- When install is completed, please click [Finish] button.